It’s always been a question Wisconsin vacation rental owners ask themselves; “Should we allow pets at our vacation rental property?” The answer will depend if they could use the extra bookings. Traveling with pets is a trend that’s not going away any time soon, and I would be surprised if it ever went away, but the desire to bring pets along has become increasingly important in where vacationers stay. Other than instilling a pet deposit, what can you do to ensure that you do not turn away any business unless absolutely necessary?
Questions to ask renters about their pets:
- How big is your pet?
- What breed is she? Do you have papers to prove this?
- Has he been neutered or spade?
- Is he good around strangers?
- Is he potty trained?
- Do you leash the dog ( there could be a leash law)
- Has he had his shots?
- Are you planning on leaving your pet for any reason if you exit the property?
You might ask why it’s such a big deal to allow pets. They can be messy right? Well, there are a few bad apples out there but if you ask the right questions and prepare your home with the right stuff and give your guests directions, it can be nothing but smooth sailing from there, and guess what? You can actually charge more for your “pet friendly” Wisconsin cabin rentals.
A few suggestions for showing your guests that you will be accommodating but not walked all over:
- Create a welcome gift consisting of doggie bags, a helpful list of tick solutions, doggie treats and pet hair rollers for carpet or couches.
- Give a rundown where the carpet cleaner is, the glass cleaner and extra rags or booties for paws
- State a list for charges if something were to be damaged such as a couch or a window. Explain why there you charge more, such as cleaning fees to make sure all hair is out, cleaning vents and A/C units, etc….
Most guests are just happy that they can bring their pet for their vacation, eliminating the kennel fees and enjoying family and fun moments that the can share with their beloved pet.
We truly believe that Wisconsin Cabin Rentals offer some of the best memories ever made. Kids seem to enjoy the lakes and wide-open spaces and parents love giving the freedom to them while also experiencing a peaceful setting amongst nature. There is nothing like sitting outside for dinner on a picnic table with great food and a view of the lake or flowing river. Being able to roast marshmallows over the fire and catch fireflies under the stars are moments that last forever. We have compiled a list of reasons why we love renting cabins, cottages, lodges and homes.
- Hotels seem to force families or friends in separate living quarters, interrupting quality time and laughs created by spur of the moments that arise.
- Hotels have increasingly limited the number of guests in each room, only allowing 4-5 in a room, making you rent out several rooms, which can get expensive.
- Pets are part of the family and vacationers want them to come on vacation. Many cabins and cottages are accommodating towards your pets.
- Parking can be cumbersome when renting a hotel. Whether you park on the other side or 4 floors down, no one wants to mess with that.
- Don’t be suckered into going out to eat for all your meals. That can be costly. It can also mean taking time out of your day to make sure the family is presentable for dinner establishments and let’s face it, kids are always messy.
- It’s pretty hard to star gaze through a hotel window. With wide-open spaces and a yard to lay a blanket down, you can’t beat the star-gazing at a cabin.
- There’s no quiet hours. We’re not saying let’s get crazy but no one wants to have to whisper to their family down a hallway to get ice when they can talk normally on their way to the kitchen.
- Amenities in a cabin and a cottage can sometimes be pricey in a hotel. Take for instance fireplaces, boat rentals, Jacuzzis, full size kitchens, screen porches. Some cabins can be more rustic if back to nature suits you.
- When you return the next year, the hosts actually can remember you and your preferences.
- Cabins and Cottages are KID FRIENDLY. They let the kids run around, squeal with delight, chase after the dog, fish off the dock, swim at the beach, climb a tree and tell ghost stories around the fire.
YOU CAN’T HAVE YOUR OWN PRIVATE DECK AT A HOTEL.
It’s no secret were fans of Wisconsin cabins, cottages, lodges and vacation homes. We like to think that we are experts in the industry. Head to RentWisconsinCabins.com to view nearly 700 WI rentals. We have a unique interactive Map and a custom Narrow Your Search Tool.
Cabin Time. It’s in our slogan and our Tweets – it’s on our website and our Blogs. We make a reference to Cabin Time whenever we can. What exactly is it? Cabin Time is a shared vacation experience when time seemingly slows down. It begins when your group steps out of the car, stretches, and takes a deep breath upon arriving at a Wisconsin vacation cabin, cottage, lodge or home.
Cabin Time FEELS different. Your pace slows down, your attention to sights and sounds are heightened, food tastes better, conversations are genuine. It’s amazing who you become when Cabin Time kicks in: Relationships are strengthened as you reconnect with family & friends. Storytelling is rampant, and reflections on past experiences suddenly surface. My parents turned into teachers during Cabin Time – that’s when I learned to read a compass, start a 9.9hp evinrude motor, swim, and X-country Ski. My grandmother taught me to put my ear on a hot sun-soaked rock to cure an earache. It works.
RentWisconsinCabins.com is here to help you find a little Cabin Time. Stop by our website and book a vacation rental that is right for you!
We have just added 24 vacation home properties to the Wisconsin Dells listing on our MAP! That means 24 more chances to experience Wisconsin’s natural beauty, tasty food, and unique activities. Wisconsin Dells is “The Waterpark Capital of the World!®” Take a day trip to one of the many waterparks and then head back to your vacation home to relax.
Each one of the vacation properties has their own amenities. Some are on the large recreational lake, Lake Delton. Others are surrounded by a wooded hillside, have an indoor pool, or can accommodate large groups. What ever type of vacationer you are, our Wisconsin Dell properties can fit your needs.