Comfortable weather. Evening temperatures in the 50’s is ideal for a gathering around an outdoor fire-pit. Daytime temperatures in the 60’s – perfect for golfing, biking, hiking, canoeing & kayaking.
Even though many people take their vacations during the summer months, travelers will find that Wisconsin offers various attractions during all the four seasons. Those who vacation in Wisconsin during September and October will enjoy (‘colorama‘) incredible fall colors. All throughout Wisconsin, vacationers can find a variety of family fun activities: corn mazes, apple-picking, fun festivals, and more. There’s no better way to enjoy fall than in a vacation cabin, cottage, lodge, or home!
Book direct and save! We’ve made it easy to contact the owners who list on RentWisconsinCabins.com. From our website, you can:
· E-mail owners. Use the E-MAIL OWNER/MANAGER buttons.
· Link to the owner’s official Website.
· Call owners.
If you contact any of our rental owners/managers, please mention RentWisconsinCabins.com.
As August comes to a close, we’re all reminded that summer 2012 is coming to an end. So here’s the splash of reality – here’s that time of year to get back into your routine. But before we get too ahead of ourselves, it’s time to capture this year’s summer trends.
Top 5 of WI Summer 2012
- The spontaneous getaway. Don’t get us wrong, we all love the vacations that merely take a year’s preparation, but this summer more and more vacations were taking last minute getaways and LOVED it. All we need is a few days to unwind, relax, and enjoy good company. So cheers to all the memories and all the laughs!
- So…where are the mosquitoes? Our dry (mostly) and hot (usually) WI summer brought a pleasant surprise! Instead of going through two bottles of mosquito spray, we only used half a bottle. How can we complain about that?
- The solution for the hot summer days – water. Warm summers are not going to stop us. Whatever it is: lake, pond, river, pool, we were all meeting in the waters to cool off.
- Traveling in packs. Here’s one trend we have picked up on, large groups traveling together. Maybe that means a family reunion or a group of great friends, but summer 2012 was definitely the summer to enjoy each others company.
- Bon Iver inspires. Winner of the 2012 Grammys best new artist goes to…(drum roll)..Bon Iver who recorded much of his music in the rural Fall Creek, Wisconsin. Alright, you got us, not everyone was rushing to Wisconsin to explore their musical abilities. But there was a trend to get out and do what you’re passionate about – bird watching, water recreation, hiking, biking, you name it.
Studies Show That We All Need Vacations
We have all been there – when your schedule is so full that by the end of the day you wonder how you even did it. The economic challenges in America have encouraged workers to work even more. But research indicates that a break from every-day stress cannot be ignored.
The famous Framingham Heart Study found that a woman who vacations once every six years or less is eight times more likely to suffer from a chronic heart disease or a heart attack when compared to a woman who takes two or more vacations a year. Elain Eaker, co-author of the study states, “It shows how the body reacts to a lifestyle of stress, this is real evidence that vacations are important to your physical health.”
Another study at the University of Pittsburgh Mind-Body Center asked 1,399 participants how often they preformed leisure activities. The findings showed a direct relationship between physical and mental health and how often participants engaged in things that they enjoyed. Lowered stress levels, a slimmer waist, lowered blood pressure, and positive emotions can all be contributed to participants engaging in enjoyable activities.
It’s time we all take some time for ourselves. You don’t just want a vacation, studies show you need it. Over time, your weekend getaways and exciting vacation weeks will pay off. Not only will you see health improvements, expect a better mentality. Having something positive to look forward is satisfying.
Reading, biking, yoga, kayaking, skiing, what do you love? Take time to enjoy it!
It’s time to let vacationers speak for RentWisconsinCabins.com for a bit.
- “I like it…didn’t even know this website existed. I will visit more often” (Brian from WI)
- “I have found this website to be very helpful and informational in finding out some of the things that I needed and wanted to find out about trying to plan a family get away for me and my family. Although I really look forward to planning and making reservations for me and my family I won’t hesitate to visit the site again for more information.” (Teshima from IL)
- “Great website! pretty sure my wife wants to take about 8 vacations next summer now.” (Bill from WI)
- “Your web. is very easy to use and thank you!” (DJ from NY)
- “The website it great!! My wife and I love trying out new cabins in Wisconsin, so relaxing!!” (Mark from IL)
- “I have used this website to find a weekend rental twice this year and really like it! It can be very time consuming and difficult to find a good rental but this website makes it easy.” (Kari from WI)
More testimonials can be read on RentWisconsinCabins.com
Bird City Wisconsin‘s goal is to enhance the environment for birds and to educate the general public. These passionate individuals are not the only ones who participate in wildlife watching, throughout WI some 2 million residents and non-residents are involved as well. The Department of Natural Resources estimates that $1.3 billion a year is spent by wildlife watchers to support their hobby. But bird watching is not just merely a hobby, there is a need for birds to keep our natural systems in balance. This is why Bird City Wisconsin is pushing to help bird conservation. Through this organization, there are now 66 Wisconsin bird cities who are looking for new ways to preserve birds and their habitats.
5 Easy Ways to Help Bird Conservation
- Clean your bird feeders
- Protect birds from pets
- Leave baby birds where you find them
- Keep your distance
It’s time to enjoy the birds. Relax in your own backyard, visit a WI state park, or plan a vacation. Throughout Wisconsin, birds are found everywhere – but one must be patient to see them.
Vacation Destinations that are also Bird City WI Communities
The traveler sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see. — G. K. Chesterton
We are here to challenge the tourists and encourage the traveler to discover the natural beauty of Wisconsin. RentWisconsinCabins will help you find your perfect vacation rental, but your vacation doesn’t just end there. Wisconsin is the perfect destination to begin your exploration and adventures. Search around WI to find the location that’s best for you, choose a few activities, and be flexible. Sometimes the most spontaneous trips to the lake, the relaxing walk through the Northwoods, or your midnight s’mores creations create the best memories. That’s what we are here to do, help you make memories that will last.
RentWisconsinCabins has made it easy to start your planning process. Look for a late winter getaway or start your 2012 summer vacation search.